Upright Bass - (Jazz w/solo) "Home Away"
Electric Bass - (Progressive Reggae) "Who Do You Think You Are"
Electric Bass - (Motown) "What's Going On"
Upright Bass - (Jazz w/solo) "Politics IV"
Electric Bass - (Fusion) "Zwalene"
Upright Bass - (Jazz) "Double Face"
Upright Bass - (Jazz w/arco solo) "Arcophile"
Electric Bass - (Contemporary Latin) "Hielo Del Sol"
Upright Bass - (Jazz w/solo) "Daisy Days"
Electric Bass - (Jazz) "Chitzen Itza"
Electric Bass - (Duo) "Aravueg"
Upright Bass - (Jazz w/arco solo) "Undulations"
Electric Bass - (Motown) "Bernadette"
- Preparation. From the first scratch track, through the development of the part, to the finalized chart, I am ready to execute. Be it one take, or twenty, rest assured that I show up having put in the work to bring out the best in your tune.
- Big Ears. I draw musical inspiration from people and places all over the world. Constantly listening to new ideas, I strive to improve my abilities by studying the work of those who groove hard. I like to think thats where my sound comes from - the ever changing experience of life.
- Humility. There can be no ego when it comes to the groove. I understand that my job is to develop a tasteful addition to your project, in the way you want. I am here to listen and collaborate, not compete.
- Professionalism. I am always on time, use good gear, and show up ready play. Whether you are a singer-songwriter, an established band, or selling jingles, no two projects are the same. You can trust that each time you bring me on board, I will tailor my skill set to suit your needs.
- Satellite Services. In today's globalized music community, collaboration can happen happen across town, or across continents. Embracing the power of today's recording technology and acknowledging that sometimes all parties just cant be in the same place at the same time, I am proud offer high fidelity tracking services directly from my studio to yours - wherever that may be.
In the era of copy and paste, Ben prides himself on being a player who can execute full takes with confidence. Take a listen to some of his previous studio work, all of which were recorded live.
We all know whats it's like to have a bunch of great ideas, with no concept of how to stitch them together. Sometimes you need someone else to step in with a fresh point of view.
Big Ears. Understanding a tune from the larger perspective is crucial to a good musical structure. Drawing on my own composition background, years of training, and a lifetime of listening, I can help you stitch together your disparate ideas in a way that makes sense.
Communication. Its your tune, and its your musical vision. I am here to listen first, and then develop content to help realize your concept.
Training. Well versed in jazz and classical theory, I can help you understand the inner workings of your music. Whether you need to tweak a melody to better suit the chords, rewrite a rhythmic pattern to sync up the groove, compose transitions to make the music flow, or compose completely original parts to flush out full band arrangements: my skills will be an asset in your corner.
Patience. Writing and arranging can be a slow process. As a musician with a few endless compositions of my own, I know that getting it right means working through all the details - something I am happy to do.